7/6/15

February Good Dinner: Olio

From the President:

I had a delicious dinner at Olio's sister restaurant, Elaia, at September's dinner so I was excited to try Olio.  I had drinks at Olio before dinner at Elaia and was excited to have more of the delicious cider beer I had.  The vibe was warm and they were playing Michael Jackson's Thriller album, that's right -- album.  That is all it took to win me over.

The night we dined at Olio they were playing Ray Charles on the record player.  Another big hit for me!  Diners' sentiments about the music were varied.  One diner felt the music was too loud.  A few diners remarked as to how much they liked the decor.  I would prefer a sleeker touch but the charming decor is perfectly in line with the identify of the restaurant.  When entering to dine at Elaia, I felt the entrance was poorly designed as it was confusing to know where to go if the hostess was not standing there.  This time, going to Olio, it seemed perfectly situated.  Parking was tough as the lot is super tiny.  Street parking is available and a valet is on-site for convenience.

Diners gave Oilio 3 1/2 stars for a pretty good atmosphere.

Our waitress was knowledgeable and accommodating.  Diners gave Olio 4 1/2 stars for really good service.

The food was good in my opinion.  Our diners were disappointed in the limited menu selection and would have enjoyed more hearty entree options that were not sandwiches.  I was pleasantly surprised by the acidity offered in what otherwise would have been a fairly boring sandwich.  My sandwich, however could have used some sauce as it felt a bit dry.  I was really disappointed to learn that not only did they not have the cider I had enjoyed in September but Olio no longer had any cider beers at all!  As I mentioned, the food was good but there is nothing for which I was anxious to return.

Diners gave Olio 3 1/2 stars for pretty good food.

Overall, this was a good dinner.  Diners gave Olio 4 stars for being a good restaurant!


7 comments:

  1. Limited selection, but presentation and taste were excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the decor and the remodel. The record player completes the old school retro feel to this restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the renovated feel of the old filling station. I also enjoyed the record player playing a classic Ray Charles album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty loud and bad music. Cool decor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go back. Nice place for a date or after work cocktail. Good choice, Yemi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would go back again if in the neighborhood and hungry but wouldn't go out of my way to return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Food selection was okay. Not a lot of entrees. Drinks were good though.

    ReplyDelete