7/10/15

Clubs Council Meeting: Bricktop's

From the President:

Jackie chose Bricktop's for our Clubs Council Meeting because it was one of her favorites.  I had also been to Bricktops before and was looking forward to a tasty meal and Jeni's Ice Cream for dessert.

The restaurant is nicely decorated but not remarkable.  Thee is a comfortable outdoor patio which is a really nice feature.  There is an open kitchen concept which is always nice (although probably not as comfortable for the staff).  Our diners had complaints about the noise from the bar and from our surrounding tables.  Bricktop's could use some additional sound absorbent elements.  We literally could not carry on a conversation across the table from each other in the dining room.

Diners gave Bricktop's 2 1/2 stars for a somewhat disappointing atmosphere.

Our waitress was attentive, pleasant and accommodating.  I had quite a few special requests and everything came out accurately.  We were enjoying each other's company and did get a little silly.  The waitress was a charming addition to our good time.

Diners gave Bricktop's 4 starts for good service.

Reviews of the food were a bit mixed.  There are things at Bricktop's that I have really enjoyed in the past.  The tempura shrimp was different in February (and again a few weeks ago when I had the opportunity to visit Bricktop's again).  I am not enough of a cook to know if the shrimp was low quality or if it was overcooked but the texture of the meat was dry, even leathery.  My chicken was tasty as always.  I just wish it was a thinner piece of meat, more delicate, more of a scallopine.  While they still carried Jeni's ice cream in February, it was not available at my most recent visit because of the recent issues with production at Jeni's.  I hope Bricktop's will bring it back when available, their ice cream is truly delicious.  Diners loved the deviled eggs with sugar bacon.  But other diners felt there was not much special offered at Bricktop's.

Diners gave Bricktop's 3 stars for having a fair menu offering.

Overall, we really enjoyed ourselves at Bricktop's.  I know that Bricktop's remains among some of the diners' favorit restaurants.

Diners gave Bricktop's 4 stars for being a good restaurant.

8 comments:

  1. Our waitress was attentive and pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tempura shrimp was really dry but my three cheese macaroni was delicious. I love that Bricktop's served Jeni's ice cream. I just do not like the salted caramel flavor that they were featuring at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the deviled eggs with the sugar bacon soooo much! They are excellent! I had the sea bass, it was good - I'm not sure I would order it again, but it was pretty good. I feel like you don't have to cover sea bass with panko and Asian glaze - it's such a delicate fish. I also had the blue cheese wedge, it was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't bad, nothing special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was sooo incredibly loud in the restaurant when we arrived. It may have been a few loud tables around us, but the bar was also loud. We were on the other side of the restaurant too - so it was loud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was noisy at first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bricktop's has the feel of a chain. While the food is good, I have a hard time describing the cuisine of the restaurant. I might return if I confirmed they were featuring the Jeni's Pear Reisling sorbet for dessert. Otherwise, Brio and Flemings are real competition for Bricktop's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite restaurants. I'll always come back!

    ReplyDelete