8/1/12

July Good Dinner: Franco, 7/24

July's dinner was at Franco's in Soulard. I love Franco's, and it has a special fondness in my heart because my hubby and I went there once for our anniversary dinner and the owner treated us to a complementary champagne toast, which was really thoughtful. So I was glad our host Sheena chose this unique eatery. Seated in a reclaimed old brick building steps from Soulard Market, Franco's serves French cuisine with a modern twist. In addition, they pride themselves on serving locally grown produce and locally raised meat. The freshness is tastable (is this a word?). July's good dinner was a quaint group, I believe 6 of us in all, circled around a nice corner table. I love the ambiance of this place. Once again Franco's did not disappoint. Almost everyone gave the restaurant straight 4 spoons out of 5 in service, food, atmosphere & overall. One diner said "The french onion soup is one of the best I have ever had in my life and my apple tarte tartin was really tasty." I can't promise they'll have these same items when you go, as Franco's is always switching things up, but I can tell you whatever you get, it's sure to be good.

I'll gladly comply with my GDC'ers and give Franco 4 heaping spoons out of 5. How about you? What do you think of Franco? Rate & leave comments below!

NOTE: To comment, click on red "comments" text below this blog box.

3 comments:

  1. My french onion soup was out of this world! A very tasty meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apple tarte tatin was really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming Good Dinner Club! So happy that you liked it. FYI, the French Onion and Apple Tart Tatin are staples on our menu, so they will be here and be delicous on your next visit too. Please try our new spot Nico some time and thank you again for joining us.

    Tom Schmidt

    ReplyDelete