9/1/12

August Good Dinner: Jim Edmond's Fifteen, 8/23

The August Good Dinner locale was selected by host Earl: Jim Edmond's 15, a downtown steakhouse. I had to miss this dinner due to a family vacation. Unfortunately, it looks like I didn't miss much and it might be best I saved my money this time around. As for service, our diners gave the waitress an average 3 spoon rating. Apparently, it seems she was really nice and trying hard but new and not well trained, which reflects poorly on management and seems the slow/inadequate service might be due to understaffing. To further back this hypothesis, patrons were greeted by a server at the door instead of a hostess, and there was no bartender working the bar at 6:30pm. Hmmm. As far as the food goes, folks were excited about the menu which sounded promising, but somewhat disappointed in the quality upon arrival, especially for a menu with a higher price-point. In addition, one diner felt what may be called an upscale restaurant wasn't reflected by the ambiance - which I'm gathering was lack-luster and maybe not fully conceived. Overall impression was this restaurant isn't horrible, but didn't leave GDC'ers any reason to rush back. I'll give them far less than 15 for sure: 2.5 spoons out of 5, trusting my fellow diners' sincere reviews.

Have you been to 15? What did you think? Rate & review below!

NOTE: To comment, click on red "comments" text below this blog box.

3 comments:

  1. Overall, the food was good...they should consider lowering their prices to reflect the lack of fineness of this place. It's very apparent the owners of this place haven't really focused on the finer touches of the restaurant - and have failed to give it a polished and clean look for the price point. In addition, it's very clear that the staff does not have clear directions and guidelines to follow, due to what appears to be a reduction in staff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our waitress was very nice. It was her first day and she did very well. She even asked for feedback on her service so she would know where to improve - I have never had a server care enough to ask for feedback. That was impressive to me. My steak was a bit bland, over cooked and fatty for a NY strip. I alos ordered the wedge salad, which was very good. The wine list had something for everyone, and the bread basket was great. I liked that you could see into the kitchen. It looked clean, which is always good. Overall, I have had better steak. I'm not sure I would feel the need to rush back.

    --Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the first night for our waittress and she did a great job, she was very accommodating. Our issues with the service at this restaurant started when we made the reservation. Any group over 6 must provide a credit card to guarantee the reservation. Therefore we made sure our group was small this time. Very off-putting! The food was tasty. I was really excited about some of the things described on the menu. The ones I ordered were tasty but not as fantastic as they sounded. My ribeye had a lot of gristle. I always look forward to nice marbling but this was a little much.

    ReplyDelete