11/10/11

October Good Dinner: Acero, 10/26

October's Good Dinner was at Acero, located in Maplewood. I once again missed the dinner - sorry! Juggling my diva duties and motherhood isn't always easy! But luckily I can depend on the reviews of fellow dinner club diners, so don't be discouraged. Christie was October's host who selected Acero, and complimented the waitress's hospitality and knowledge of the menu. She really liked the tomato & fennel soup. Her pasta was a bit bland, but liked her experience overall. Another reviewer also found the pasta a bit lacking. Looks like overall, the atmosphere was found to be cozy, and accommodating. Everyone praised the server, but service was slow. Examining the menu, it seems the prices are too steep to result in so-so food. I give Acero 3 out of 5 spoons, and I think the 3rd spoon is a sympathy vote for the waitress and her service, which received the highest rating over food and atmosphere. What do you think?

NOTE: To comment, click on red "comments" text below this blog box

3 comments:

  1. Overall, my food was well-prepared but a little bland. I might go back if I was in the neighborhood. With just a little but of fixing, my pasta was fantastic as a leftover :)

    Shelby
    The President

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered the grass-fed steak, which was good but not served at the temperature I ordered. I enjoyed my meal but I think they were understaffed for a party of our size. Overall it did not make an impression on me either way. There was nothing about the restaurant that would make me refer it to friends or family......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the ambiance of the private area. It was warm and cozy. The food was just okay...which is surprising when you consider how much effort was put into the decor. I wish I could have felt the passion in the food. I found the food to be bland...and there was no salt or pepper on any of the tables. I thought it very strange...and wonder if the chef was making a statement. I would not go back...but merely because there are so many excellent restaurants in Saint Louis that I would spend time on one that is just mediocre.

    ReplyDelete