10/28/11

October Council Meeting: Yia Yia's, 10/10

Our latest quarterly Clubs Council meeting took place at Yia Yia's. For Council dinners, instead of going to somewhere new, we go to a restaurant favorite. This time was Yia Yia's in Chesterfield, and as usual, it didn't disappoint. I wanted a light meal so I got Bill's Chicken Salad, and it was delicious, and reasonably priced. The chicken is "hot mustard glazed" and had a great taste to it. I have however been to Yia Yia's before and eaten more generously - and I remember the pork being amazing. Dinner was great, amongst good company, and I love this restaurant's atmosphere. Upon first look you might think it'd be a bit stuffy with snobby service, but quite the contrary. Everyone working there was really nice. All other attendees gave Yia Yia's high marks. Only con really was although the server was really nice, service was a little slow...or maybe it just felt that way because once again my daughter, almost one, accompanied us, and to summarize, she wasn't in the highest of spirits. I think it's officially time to ensure babysitters are acquired for dinner club events. I've never been disappointed in Yia Yia's and I'd go as far as to say it's one of the finer and more unique eateries in West County. I've even celebrated Thanksgiving at Yia Yia's before with my family. They have, at least in previous years, a wonderful traditional spread and it's nearly that time of year so let this be a suggestion for those of you who don't want to spend the whole of turkey day in the kitchen. I give it 5 out of 5 spoons for being dependently good all around. And you?

NOTE: To comment, click on red "comments" text below this blog box

2 comments:

  1. I have literally spent 14 out of my last 17 birthdays at Yia Yia's, first in KC and then in St. Louis. I looooooooove this place. The tenderloin w/ gorgonzola chianti sauce is amazing. It's a place where I have a fantastic, delicious meal from the bread and zatar that comes with everyone's meal to the delicious peach bellinin that I can't get enough of. My biggest problem with Yia Yia's is that I have too many favorite items. The staff is amazing and always makes me feel extra special! Sam, our server was super busy on our last visit but he is always in great spirits and does a great job.

    Shelby
    The President

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of Yia Yia's before heading out there for our meeting. I was surprised that it was so busy on a week night. I was even more surprised that the food was as good as it was. It also had good wines by the glass to offer, which is important to me. I ordered a chicken dish - which I NEVER do when I eat out because I feel like I can make it at home. I cannot make what I ordered at home. It was great! I'd definitely go back.

    ReplyDelete