10/16/13

August Good Dinner: Pan D'Olive, 8/26

From the President:

Our host for August was Seema. She chose the Mediterranean restaurant Pan D'Olive. The space has been a couple of different restaurants so I was anxious to see the latest transformation.

We were set up in the basement where they could accommodate the large group we expected. The basement is a nice space for large groups. Although it is a basement space, it is really cosy and simply decorated. It could work really well as an event space for a group of the right size. The group gave the atmosphere 4 1/2 stars, but I would give it a solid 4 stars.

A sweet waitress was dedicated to our group. I got the impression that English was not her first language but I believe she got every order exactly right. The dinner moved efficiently with no long waits. The group gave the service 4 stars but I would give them 5.

The food was really good. I cannot say enough about how delicious the arancini was. The flavor of the gorgonzola was just strong enough to make it a winner. I think almost everyone ordered the lobster ravioli in sherry cream sauce. It was also delicious as expected. Any restaurant that doesn't have something in a sherry cream sauce is missing out on a winning entree. There was nothing on the dessert menu that I had to have and cannot remember anyone else ordering dessert. Overall, the group gave the restaurant 4 1/2 stars and I agree.

What do you think of Pan D'Olive?
Please rate & review below!

4 comments:

  1. I came late but was served my food soon after placing my order. Staff were efficient. Food was good. Overall an enjoyable dining experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't blow me away but it was a very nice space and the food was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great restaurant! The food and service were really nice. Basement seating, though, was a little uninspired...kind of wish there were windows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the wait staff was very attentive, they were prompt and friendly.

    ReplyDelete