1/10/13

January Council Meeting: SoHO, 1/5

January's Council meeting dinner took place at Soho Restaurant & Lounge in The Grove. I'll firstly say that this is not a family establishment. Not that that is a bad thing - not everyone wants to be a family establishment and I certainly don't think that SoHo is going for that. With it being a restaurant on one side and a lounge/bar/club on the other, this is definitely meant to cater to those out to enjoy the nightlife. Not knowing this and not able to find a sitter, hubby and I went with toddler in tow, and that was not fun. She actually did pretty well, but they have no high chairs and no changing tables. I don't really blame them though - just again, putting it out there so you don't find yourself in my position. I actually felt kind of dumb having my daughter there in the first place - like we were going clubbin together. It was a smaller group being that New Years had just come and gone - I believe there were 5 of us. On a scale of 5, SoHo's score among council diners averaged out to a 3. Yeah..not so great. I actually really enjoyed my entree - BBQ Shrimp & Grits. But those surveyed rated food with 3s & 4s - no 5s. Service and "Overall" was also rated all 3s and 4s. Atmosphere actually fared worse with a 2 and the rest 3s. I would venture to say that was due to the table we were at being crammed into a corner and, although had a window view, was a little claustrophobic. In addition, it was kind of a loud environment. Not as easy to hear those at your own table. All in all, I'd say this might be a decent happy hour locale, but nothing is causing me to rush back any time soon. I'll give SoHo 3 out of 5 spoons. What do you think of SoHo? Rate & reply below!

NOTE: To comment, click on red "comments" text below this blog box.

1 comment: