4/24/14

February Good Dinner: Franco, 2/10

From the President:

February's dinner took us back to Franco, located in Soulard a stone's throw from the farmer's market, and where we had an excellent dinner in the past.

Such a large group attended that we had to split into two tables. I thought we had the same server for both tables but there were mixed reviews about the service so I believe each table may have had a different experience as to the service. While some diners indicated the service was attentive and accommodating, others said the service was disappointing and inattentive. Overall, diners gave Franco 4 stars/spoons on service.

The atmosphere at Franco is modern. Brick walls and high ceilings remind you that you are in a historic building with that downtown lofty feel. The rest of the decor is pleasant. Parking is fairly easy on the street outside the restaurant with a lot that I believe is available for diners just across the street. Diners gave Franco 4 1/2 stars/spoons for atmosphere.

Most importantly, the food: I always feel like the list of entrees at Franco is a bit limited. The onion soup, as always, was delicious however. Everything was tasty, especially my apple tartin dessert. One of the diners received an entree with nuts despite having advised the waiter of a nut allergy. Despite that hiccup, I think most of our group was pleased. Diners gave Franco 4 1/2 stars/spoons for food.

Overall, it was a great dinner, good food and good company. That is what Good Dinner Club is all about. Diners gave Franco 4 stars/spoons overall. Something tells me Good Dinner Club will return next year.

What do you think of this Soulard star? Please rate and review below

7 comments:

  1. The service was decent, but they were not very attentive. Did not bring us a wine list when we first sat down and took a very long time to clear our plates after our meal. But our server was friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The staff was very attentive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The restaurant was very accommodating. The servers were pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu items. Not only did nof the employees bring me my coat but was such a gentleman that he helped me put it on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the monkfish special with brussel sproluts - delicious. The sauce on the vegetables was tasty. The apple tart was not as hot as I would have preferred, but good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, the french onion soup was delicious! My steak was well seasoned, although a little too much pepper for my taste. The dessert options were fantastic, I couldn't decide between the apple tarte tatin which I knew was delicious and the pear bread pudding. My waistline is grateful that they were out of the pear bread pudding so I was spared getting them both and taking one home. Our only hiccup was that one of our diners has a nut allergy and had ordered his food without the nuts but the dish came with the nuts. Luckily he survived and dinner continued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice atmosphere. I love the decor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite restaurants! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete