7/1/13

June Good Dinner: Coastal Bistro, 6/25

From the President:

Our host for June was Jerina. She chose a restaurant that I have been meaning to try, Coastal Bistro. It is affiliated with one of my absolute favorite restaurants, Bocci Bar, so I was planning on a tasty meal.

Parking is at a bit of a premium in Clayton, although valet is available at the restaurant for $4 or $5. The restaurant is fairly small with outside seating available. The decor was pretty eclectic. The inside is painted red but there are elements reflecting the fact that Coastal Bistro is a seafood restaurant. There was a little too much going on for my taste but it was bright and lively.

Even though the restaurant was not very busy, our service was very slow. Our waiter seemed a little frazzled, even though he couldn't have had many tables.

The real star at Coastal Bistro is the food. It is so good I have been back twice since June. I must disclose, however, that some of our diners were not so impressed. My food was delicious and everything that I saw come out looked scrumptious. The lobster macaroni and cheese is absolutely delicious. The clam chowder is loaded with clams more so than any other chowder I have ever had. The Cajun fried clams were fantastic with a really tasty dipping sauce. The most delicious thing that I had was the blackberry bread pudding. It came with a lovely sauce and was an absolute winner. While I couldn't get many of our diners to give it a try because it was non-traditional, I cannot say enough about it.

The President gives this restaurant 3 stars/spoons. I really wanted to give it 4 stars but I defer to the overall experience of our diners which was not as delicious as mine was.



What do you think of Coastal Bistro?
Please rate & review below!

NOTE: To comment, click on red "comments" text below this blog box.

1 comment:

  1. I thought our waiter was not very attentive, especially considering the restaurant was not filled to capacity. Our main courses took a while to come out. I would say I am split on the quality of the food. The mushroom tart was very good and matched its description. The spring salad, however, lacked some flavor. It sounded much better on the menu.
    --Nicole

    ReplyDelete