4/26/12

April Good Dinner: Bristol Seafood Grill, 4/22

April's dinner was Sunday at Bristol Seafood Grill, the Creve Coeur location. Bristol treated the group well, providing the "VIP Booth," which was a nice touch. Overall, GDC'ers seemed to enjoy the surf & turf being served up. Food and Service received all 4's and 5's on a scale of 1-5. The Lobster Bisque was a favorite, however the Lobster Mac & Cheese was a bit cold. The partaker of the Meyer Ranch Braised Boneless Shortribs - pictured above - thought the ribs were too bland and too sweet (not sure how that can occur at the same time, but I digress). Sure does look pretty though!  Let it be known, prices are on the higher side, but entrees do come with sides. Bristol had good overall marks on atmosphere as well, but one diner thought the decor could use some updating. In the end, I'll give Bristol 3.5 out of 5 spoons. I think you might find it worthwhile to find out for yourself - check it out. Or, already been? Rate & comment below!

NOTE: To comment, click on red "comments" text below this blog box.

3 comments:

  1. I ordered the short ribs. The meat was not well seasoned and therefore was a bit bland. The sauce was too sweet for my taste. However, I did have them leave off the horseradish gremolata so that definitely might have spiced things up to offset the sweetness of the sauce. The decor could use some updating. Overall, nothing really stood out to me. It's not a place I will be dying to go back to but it's always a good solid choice. I'm from KC so I've been eating at the Bristol all my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lobster bisque was good, the scallops were seared perfectly, the lobster man n cheese was cold

    --Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked the private VIP booth

    ReplyDelete