2/16/12

January Good Dinner: Trattoria Branica, 1/26

January's dinner was at Trattoria Branica in Frontenac, a St. Louis restaurant serving up fine Italian dining. I, however, had to miss this dinner unfortunately (Lord knows I love pasta!). Yet - maybe not so unfortunate. Reading diner reviews, this place sounded like somewhat of a letdown. The average food rating was fair and service was slow. The atmosphere didn't win over any hearts either - one person mentioned a loud disruptive drunk being one of the few other patrons in the restaurant, and another person called the decor "geriatric" - ouch. I will say, this is the original Trattoria Branica location. They have since opened Kirkwood and Chesterfield locations, and from the website's photos, the atmosphere of those locations seem to be more en vogue. However, they might want to try updating the first location before opening two new locations - seems this venue has been overlooked. That's all I've got for you. I'll have to check it out myself sometime...or, maybe not. What's your take on Trattoria Branica? Rate and reply below!

NOTE: To comment, click on red "comments" text below this blog box.

2 comments:

  1. While the atmosphere left much to be desired, my food was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This restaurant seems to cater to an older demographic. The service was slow but my my food was delightful. Nonetheless, I probably won't return anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete