5/19/11

Dining out for Life: 1111 Mississippi, 4/28

The good dinner club hosted a special edition dinner, in addition to our regular monthly dinners, so that we could support the St. Louis Effort for Aids Dining Out for Life fundraiser. One day a year, many St. Louis restaurants elect to help the fight against aids by donating at least 25% of any patron's check to support the work of Saint Louis Effort for AIDS.
For this event, Good Dinner Club President Shelby Watson planned a group dinner at 111 Mississippi. I was unable to attend this event, so for this time around, I'll just leave you with the comments of other GDC diners:
  • "A great atmosphere - lovely. Love outside area, so nice. My food - lovely, good size portions."
  • "Food was perfect EXCEPT the bacon had too much fat"
  • "The wine room is perfect for 'dinner clubbing'! Everything was delish!"
  • "Great! Great! Great! Daniel, our super cute server was on point...polite, attentive and quick. The Halibut was fantastic! Light and delicious...lobster sauce to die for...we dined in a private wine room which was very nice, intimate and quaint."
  • "Our waiter Daniel was really wonderful, attentive and got everything exactly right! We were overjoyed to be in the special wine room that is semi-private, really special. My food was wonderful! The rib eye is spectacular and the brussel sprouts will change your opinion of brussel sprouts forever!"
As you might guess, Shelby picked 1111 out of the many participating restaurants because of it's great reputation. This is one I'm especially sorry to have missed. I must get back there sometime soon!

If you want the facts, here is how the restaurant was rated in numbers:
Service: 4.8 out of 5
Food: 4.6 out of 5
Atmosphere: 5 out of 5

The GDC can sometimes be hard to please, but looks like the people have spoken. I give 1111 Mississippi the first 5 out of 5 spoons rating!

What do you think? Rate & leave your comments below!

3 comments:

  1. I loooove this restaurant! Daniel has been waiting on me for years now and he is really a bright spot among many excellent members of the wait staff. My food is always delicious and they are very accommodating. Eleven Eleven has remained among my favorite restaurants pretty much since it opened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me tell you - 1111 Mississippi is the one of my favorites. The food is always good! The wine selection is awesome. It's a 5 out 5 on the spoons rating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my neighborhood spot ... and the Tuesday wine deal is awesome! Can't say enough about Eleven Eleven. It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete